Mission Accomplished

So here are the results of last weekend’s labor. I made three skirts, one of which still needs to be hemmed. Am I the only one who absolutley HATES to hem? These skirts are full and there is a lot of hemming to be had. I modified the pattern a little (New Look 6892). The pattern calls for gathering along the front and back to make the fullness. I made a pleat in the front and a dart in the back instead. I also left off the zipper and made the waist elastic, because I kind of suck at zippers and all I had on hand were 14″ black ones.

Excuse the fact that I look like I just rolled out of bed…because I kind of did. The fabric is a piece of lightweight wool or wool blend tartan that was from my dad. The pattern is similiar to our family’s dress plaid. (Partial Scot in the hizzouse!) I had to get a little creative with the plaid matching as I didn’t have a whole lot of fabric. Really the only place it matches is at the front waistband, which is hidden under the bow. But take my word, it is some masterful plaid matching. The waistband is lined with left over fabric from this shirt that I made for my dad awhile ago.

This one is made from some blue cotton, it’s very light and swishy. On the two previous skirts, I didn’t have enough fabric to have the waistband lining match. I had enough on this one, but I kind of liked the idea of having a contrasting lining. (Like a little skirt secret.) This one has a small green striped cotton.
Boot rocking and Queen listening was also accomplished.

Leave a Reply